Thursday, June 6, 2013

Trip to Florida...

Whew. May was a whirlwind and I can't believe it's already June. Ryan and I were in Florida for the Memorial Day holiday and afterward.

It was lovely to relax and not worry about much of anything.





Ryan and me at sunset.





We were able to go to the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, which, for me, was the highlight of the trip. The Big Cat Rescue is an organization that rescues big cats from people who were crazy enough to think a wild animal would make a good pet or places where cats are used/abused for entertainment. 

There were tigers, lions, cougars, leopards, sand cats, and more. We had a tour during feeding time because I knew that would be when we'd get the most activity from the cats as they are mostly nocturnal. 

I was overcome with how beautiful these creatures are. My favorites were the tigers, although I'm usually partial to black jaguars (there were no black jaguars at the park, only black leopards). The tigers were so large that it was just incredible to be separated by 2 fences and still feel small. I could have watched them for hours. 


Sheer Khan

China Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment