Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In Progress


I’d like to get into a habit of posting in-progress pictures, but sometimes pieces I’m creating move so quickly for me that I don’t stop to take photos of the painting as I work on it.

So, here are a few in progress paintings. These are almost finished but they are missing something that I haven’t quite put my finger on yet. Apologies for the iphone blurry pics!

8x8
I previously had the above in the “finished” pile, but now I’m not so sure. I may do a few more things to it...like stamps and some slight shading...before calling it done.

Sky full of promise 12x12
The bird is actually a carved wooden piece glued to the canvas. A happy yellow really makes it stand out. I added some cardboard clouds and did a light wash over them. The only thing I think I have left to do is to finish up the quote, do another light wash, and perhaps some stenciling and other details and put it up on etsy for sale. 

5x7 canvas board
I really like the colors in the above painting, but it still needs a few details and maybe a light wash of pink/green paint. Perhaps some stamps too. It probably needs a few words, too. 

5x7 art board
This purple one is very similar to the green "grow" one that I made previously. I think I'm going to re-do the large flower in a complementary color so it stands out. I think it needs words too.

12x12 in progress
The colors in this (on which Ryan actually collaborated with me) are so bright that the circles look dull. So I'm going to re-do those, pick a quote and add a few other touches and call this done.

Of course, when I'm done with these, they'll go up on etsy.com and I'll post them here, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment