Monday, December 16, 2013

Challenge Accepted! 30 paintings in 30 Days...


Last post I talked about starting a project like what I saw on Mae Chevrette’s blog. 30 paintings in 30 days. I was very inspired to stretch myself into new and different techniques and mediums. So I began on Dec. 15th, and hopefully will be done by Jan. 15th.

Here are my goals:
1. COLOR: I want to gain a better understanding of color. Stretch myself to use different colors that I may not be comfortable with right now. Use more than one or two colors on a painting (I tend to stick to few colors, but most of the painters/artists I like use a lot more than that. I want to figure out how to do this, too.)
2. EPHEMERA: Use the materials and things I’ve collecting so far in my studio that I may not actually use in one of my canvas pieces. Learn not to be “precious” and “save” things for that painting “one day.” Use it now, enjoy it now.
3. TYPE: Experiment with hand-lettering and learning typefaces and how to make the font look great by hand, not printing it out or stamping it.
4. DRAWING: Stretch your drawing muscles Also work on shading and understanding light sources.
5. LAYOUTS: try new layouts, techniques, media. Don’t be scared.
6. Don’t think. Do.
7. Make lots of mistakes!

I’m super excited about what this will teach me. I bought 2 small mixed media sketchbooks for this project. So they aren’t canvas, they are paper.  I don’t know much about working on paper, so this should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment